If you need to contact us via mail, our mailing address:
We guarantee our books. If you are unsatisfied, please return your books and we
will refund your money, minus shipping charges.
16 Mt. Bethel Road, #219
Warren, NJ 07059
the link to contact us by email
We are a small press and get many more submissions for books than we could possibly print. We also don't have a lot of extra time to be reading the mountain of these that seem to pour in weekly. So please don't just submit to us, submit to any publisher you think might be interested. We will get back to you when we have the time. It might be 6 months or more.
Here is what we don't want:
1. Books that rhyme
2. Books that address only one segment of the market (like China or Ethiopian adoption or a child from a specific country with a specific special need)
3. Books with cutsie themes (ladybugs, red threads---trust me I have seen way too many of these, striped and spotted animals like Horace.)
4. Books about your adoption journey to your child (although that can be a part of a lifebook, see our parent resources section to see how to make one for your child.)
5. Books written from a certain perspective (ie. birthmother) and you aren't one.
Here is what we are looking for currently:
1. Books for tweens and teens
2. Books that cover adoption that are more broad brush that can relate to domestic, international, and foster situations. The market is small, and the broader your reach with your book means a more interesting product to us.
3. Books by adoptees and birthparents that are tools for the triad.
Please send hardcopy of potential manuscripts with cover letter
via surface mail to the address above with submission on the envelope. The cover letter needs to describe how your book fits an unmet need
in the adoption book market, competitive books to it and your credentials for writing
it. Include an email address in your communications with us
as we reply to all unsolicited manuscripts via email. Do not
send us your only hand made copy. Manuscripts sent without
self addressed/postage paid return envelopes will be shreaded
prior to disposal. Manuscripts sent without an email address for communication will be shredded without being read.
you send in a submission, do some research in the market
your book fits into. Query letters without a competitive analysis will be rejected outright. Books that don't fit into standard children's book formats will also be rejected. Don't know what this is? There are a number of resources on writing
books for children, one we recommend is "The Business of Writing
for Children" by Aaron Shepard.
The books we publish need
to be a tool for the reader or listener of the book. With
your submission, please explain how your book would help adults
and children with their understanding of adoption. Please
explain how your book is unique and meets an unfilled need
in the adoption market.
Query letters only may be sent via email to submissions.
Please, no attachments. If your book is short, it can be placed
in the body of an email.
Due to the quantity of submissions we receive, please allow
at least 20 weeks for a response. Keep in mind we are a
really small publisher....
If you have material that would be useful to share with other parents, or you have a great trick or tool, consider writing a parent guide for us. Unfortunately, we don't pay for these submissions but your words and tools will be helpful for so many adoptive families. If you have an article you would like to share with us, send us an email
Site Map • Home
©2003-2008 EMK Press
16 Mt. Bethel Road, #219, Warren, NJ 07059
732-469-7544 • fax 732-469-7861